Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Moving Nintex Workflow to a new site

As stated in an earlier blog my team was tasked with creating a SharePoint staging environment that mirrored production. Part of the SharePoint site included Nintex workflows. This did not go as smoothly as I had thought, either. Even though central admin indicated that the connection to the database had been established, whenever I tried to view my existing workflows in the SharePoint site I would see the following message: Failed to open a connection to the Nintex Workflow configuration database.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user ''.


I stumbled upon this thread on the Nintex site which pointed me to the resolution. The appPool user account needed: 1) permissions to the Nintex database; 2) to be added to the role WSS_Content_Application_Pools

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is also good SharePoint workflow migration tool (for native sharepoint workflows): http://www.harepoint.com/Products/HarePointWorkflowMigration/Default.aspx -- allows to copy sharepoint workflows between sites.